Monday, June 26, 2006

Fine! I'll blog on syrup!

(check out nathancornett.blogspot.com latest entry before reading)

Alright, Alright, I give in...I'm blogging on syrup. I didn't think it was possible but I'm going for it. Most my syrup thoughts were already taken..Cough Dad cough, but he did leave one out.

I had another syrup incident last year at a softball tournament. We woke up before our game and decided to go to Cracker Barrel. Of course I ordered the entire breakfast menu and ate about two bites of it like always. Anyways, if you have ever been to Cracker Barrel, you know they put their syrup in those cute little bottles that are about 5 inches tall.(I think they do that just so you don't use as much but nevertheless, I thought they were adorable.) The team was having a nice discussion about them when stupid me had to make the remark, "They are so small, I bet I could drink the whole thing in one gulp." Of course, after that everyone tried to talk me into doing it. At first I refused, but when I heard them agree to all give me 5 bucks for it, backing out was no longer an option.(With all 11 people that's a good $55...and I'm not one to turn a good dare down!) So after a few minutes of preparation I stuck that bottle to my lips and began to gulp away. Just so you know, syrup takes a LOT longer to go down than coke. It was a much more difficult task than I had prepared myself for, probably taking a whole minute to drink. And as more started to go down, I could feel some of it getting ready to come back up...gross, I know. But without fret, I finished it! When I put the bottle back on the table though, I knew it wasn't much time until the syrup returned. As my face became pale and I slapped my hand to my mouth, everyone else soon realized I was about to blow. My coach then picked me up and ran me through numerous tables(embarrassing)and to the bathroom where...well you can finish the story yourself. Lets just say, it comes up a whole lot faster than it goes down.
I came back to the table to find my very supportive team in tears from laughter. After all this work, while I was gone they decided it didn't count since I didn't hold it down. Meaning no money! My coach was the only person to pay up. Needless to say, those "adorable" little syrup bottles are not so cute anymore!

There, Dad...I blogged on syrup. Happy? Oh and by the way, it's Mom's fault that I thought the bacon grease was syrup. Nunny(grandma) warms her syrup up in a CUP so it's hot because she loves us enough to take that extra step! I just thought Mom was doing the same but of course she's not that nice! So really, it is understandable that I poured it on my pancakes!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

no its nunnys fault you are so spoiled you thought i was going to dirty another dish so you could have warm syrup

Anonymous said...

That's gross!

Anonymous said...

I love my mini!

Anonymous said...

ok girl time to talk about red white and boom and that guy at the concert, wow crazy crazy. anyways i had a blast! cya lata<3 ashlee

Anonymous said...

Are you and Campbell gonna play ball with us in the BGSG?!?

Jordan said...

I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT TO! but i dont think i will be able to because of my softball..and the mother seems to think i will "get hurt or mess my swing up"..like seriously i keep telling her NOTHING phases the Jordan!

Anonymous said...

i echo the sentiments of mr. wiley...yet, i will actually follow through. i have in my desk at the church a $5 bill. it is yours for such an arduous task of drinking the topping to the only meal i ever get a cracker barrel

Anonymous said...

I know you got this sickness from your mother as money is never worth vomiting.