Friday, August 25, 2006

My Moments

I'm so glad we don't have school today. I don't know that I could take another day this week. I have had some pretty embarrassing moments.
Moment #1:
I only read one of the four books we were suppose to this summer(That's a lot better than last year). We had all the tests over them this week. On Monday we had East of Eden, which is the one I actually read. I was pretty confident, and knew I should do pretty well.
Anyone who knows me, knows that I ALWAYS rest my elbow on the desk and put my hand on my forehead when I'm working. It just helps me concentrate. Well, the teacher obviously doesn't know me yet. He walks over in front of me and starts clearing his throat very loudly until I look at him, along with the rest of the class.
him-"It wasn't that long ago since I was in high school, Missy. I know all the tricks in the book."
He then glances at my hand, like he might find the answers written on them. When he doesn't, he proceeds to tell me that he knows I was blocking my eyes so he wouldn't be able see me looking at my neighbor's paper.
me-"Um..I wasn't cheating, I always do my work like this."
him-"So you always cheat?"
me- "No, I swear I wasn't cheating!" and without thinking continued, "This is the one book I actually read!"
NOT GOOD to tell your teacher you only read one of the books. So after I finally got him off with a "warning" for cheating, he now knows that I bull crapped the essays on all the other tests because I didn't read the books. Meaning, I probably don't have a great average right now in that class. O well, I got an A on East of Eden. (The girl next to me failed, though..now how exactly would I be cheating off of someone and get 4 letter grades higher??) Anyways, this experience was very embarrassing.
Moment #2:
I completely forgot about my physics homework. We do it online so it has to be in by midnight, the day before. Well, I remember at 11:45ish. I pull it out, and realize there is no way I can do it. I didn't even know what the problems were saying. I decide that I just might be able to get away with turning it in late on the first assignment. So I e mail the teacher a sob story about how I didn't understand the homework(true), and wasn't sure exactly how the web homework worked yet(also true). The next day in class, Mrs. Gill in the middle of lecture, looks at me and says, "O by the way, Jordan, you need to start reading the instructions. That homework isn't due until next week, and even if it was due last night, the instructions on how to do it are on the worksheet at the top." This was very embarrassing.
Moment #3:
After fifth hour the other day, I was walking to my class when someone started to push me. They were using me as a shield to get through all the people. I ran into a group of those annoying girls that think they are cool because they walk .4 miles an hour screaming to their friends as they go. They weren't too excited about this and all turn to look at me. One girl gets a little too angry, like I did it on purpose, and gets her finger up in my face screaming at me. And I mean, screaming. I look behind me to find whoever pushed me. When I didn't see anyone, I looked in front of me and see Ben Cooper laughing. This was embarrassing.
Moment #4:
The teachers decided yesterday, that they all would hand out their textbooks. All 6 classes on the same day. I didn't even have room for all of them in my backpack, so I carried two of them along with one of my binders. This would be fine, if they had given lockers yet. But of course they didn't think that one through, so I was stuck all day with them. Well, anyways, the bell rang for lunch and I quickly got up to try and beat the crowd. It is crazy crowded on the way to lunch, and is dangerous to get in the middle of it(people like their food). I was walking up the stairs with a herd of people behind me when my friend pulls back on my backpack to slow me down so she could walk with me. Well, she doesn't know I have two binders and four books in it. So my whole body starts to go backwards down the stairs. My feet are racing back trying to keep up with my backpack as I run into everyone on the way down. I was just about to lose balance after going down about five steps when a huge body stopped me. It was my buddy Sonny(we use to be in the sixth grade together, but he got held back twice so now he's just a freshman.) It's a good thing he was there or I'm pretty sure I would be in the hospital right now. This experience was very embarrassing
.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

should we start looking a good junior colleges?

Anonymous said...

so i just want to tell you one thing...i had MR GILL (mrs gills' husband) at TC.. physics with him sucked a whole lot. Web homework is retarded and if she is anything like her husband she will pick the absolute hardest problems.. never the less to say i dropped the class after the 1st semester (good luck if you hang in there and ace the class!!)

Anonymous said...

moment 5... thumbalina

Anonymous said...

i believe i could add a few things to list. lets see...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

B-SOMETHING!

Anonymous said...

you could always become one of those people who puts everything into a rolling suitcase... I mean it might not do much for your social life, but you can always sit on it if chairs are scarce?!?