Monday, August 07, 2006

Count Me Out

I have come to a conclusion- it is much harder for family members to deal with a two year old in a body cast than it is for the two year old. It might sound selfish or foolish but it's true. (For those of you who don't know my brother, Hayes, broke his leg a couple weeks ago and has to stay in a cast from his toes to past his waist. I know, I know, it's sad but after the first 2 weeks of it, he is just plain annoying.)

We might as well call the Family Room, "Hayes' Room" now. I haven't seen anything on the television in the past two weeks besides The Wiggles, Veggie Tales, Scooby Doo, Carebears(gay), and The Teletubbies(gayer). And of course what are his two new favorites? Carebears and Teletubbies. That's not right. My mom just will let the kid watch anything now. Seriously---it is 24/7 'Love Bear', 'Sunshine Bear'..'Rainbow Bear'..whatever. Too many bears. And for the Teletubbies... well I don't even know what those things are but they just shouldn't be allowed.

Today I made a big mistake. While Hayes was playing with one of his cars, I accidentally sat on the remote, thus changing the channel. NOT good. Mr. Spoiled screams at the top of his lungs until I find the right channel again..and it took me a while to find it. When I finally did get to it, he decides during that time he "missed it" and doesn't want to watch the cartoon anymore. I don't know what "it" is that he missed, but I do know before the channel changed he was paying no attention to the show. For the next 10 minutes at least, I flipped through all the channels and let him look at all his movies to pick whatever he wanted. I was so nice I even put Carebears and Teletubbies in the stack. He decided he didn't want any of them because he "missed it". So what did we do? Sat on the couch with no TV at all. That's right, I had enough. I just pressed the "OFF" button. We just sat and stared at a black screen. He crossed his arms and put his nose up until he got bored. After he finally gave up and asked, we turned the TV back on and the first cartoon we came too, he watched. Just call me Super Nanny.

Here's my conclusion: He's milkin' it. Mark my word, as soon as that cast is cut off he will still be the ruler of the television. I bet he expects to still be waited on hand and foot. And I bet that everyone is so use to it, he still gets his way. But no...not sissy. She won't do it. Cause you wanna know why? He's spoiled, and I won't stand for that. I don't think Super Nanny would either.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Nunny says...I can remember when you dominated the TV and everything else and YOU didn't even wear a cast!!!!

Anonymous said...

does milk have caffeine?

Anonymous said...

I thought this was suppose to be about syrup?!?!?!?

Jordan said...

anonymouse #2..
ok..i was getting ready to drink CHOCOLATE milk. and CHOCOLATE has caffeine in it. so....there

Anonymous said...

what did the 2 deleted comments say?

Anonymous said...

they said clean your room and get a job

Anonymous said...

So since milk has caffeine does that mean the "voluptuos has a B?"

Anonymous said...

rertekgklgkgkmhrhkrfikfejdkffhjfhjhffhfjhfjhfdjffkdkfjdhfkfmng3pvod43

Anonymous said...

Frankly, I'm offended. After raising you, buying you food, clothes, shelter, vacations, etc.,
I can't believe you have dropped your own father so far down on your links. Have you no shame? Do you not consider my feelings. I'm going to put a link to a root canal center on my blog and put you right after it.

Anonymous said...

seems to be a lot of spoiled going around

Anonymous said...

this post comes to you by the girl who sat and watched her brother's cartoons the other day (he had left the room) because she couldn't 'find' the remote...located 6 inches away on the same couch she was lifelessly attached to.

Anonymous said...

if he's reallt milkin' it does that mean he has more energy than usual...cuz of the caffeine?

Anonymous said...

are feet ticklish???

Anonymous said...

clean your room while feeding the dog while getting a job

Anonymous said...

basketball season is coming up-get pumped...

post again! (clap, clap, clap clap clap)

post again! (clap, clap, clap clap clap)

get your head in the game!

Anonymous said...

I remember the days of watching Beauty and the Beast over and over and over and over and over and over. Then we would get to watch Rudolph the red-nose reindeer over and over and over and over.

Thank goodness I had my own t.v.

Who was that want to watch those movies?

Anonymous said...

yep...i know why you won't wait on him hand and foot...you're too lazy to get up and do it!