Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Keep Truckin!

Does anyone else ever not FEEL like worshiping Christ? I know that lately I have been there. It sounds horrible, but everyone does it. We know that we should be on fire for Him, we know that we should be telling others about Him, we know we should be in His word, we know that we should have His Christ-like attitude to those who don’t necessarily deserve it, but we get tired of it. We start to take our eyes off of Christ and put them elsewhere, and I think all Christians will agree that then we feel more like crap. I was making my teacher’s Christmas cards last night (cause I’m a suck up) and I wrote Philippians 4:14 on them. “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength”. Then it hit me, I haven’t been giving my all lately. No, I haven’t been a horrible person out doing drugs, but I have just been going through the motions: flipping through the Word on the way out the door and reading one verse, sitting in the pews and taking notes, but not growing. We rely sometimes on our OWN strength to follow Christ, when really it’s Him that we need to lean on, He has the strength. This morning I took the time to put Him first and my day has been amazing. He’s a pretty cool dude if we would just trust Him! I just wanted to encourage everyone as my brothers and sisters in Christ, that even when we don’t FEEL like worshiping, truck through it, because if we don’t show the world Jesus then who will?

4 comments:

Jordan said...

oops i meant phillipians 4:13! sorry!

TaylorW said...

check outjohn piper's sermons on "when I don't desire God" they are amazing


i totally feel ya on this post...

Anonymous said...

fuck offfffffff

Anonymous said...

yall can get it foshizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz