Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I CAN DRIVE!!!

O yeah! I got my license!!!! Can you believe it!? I got a 100% on the test(ok so I lied...I got an 80...but hey passing is passing)! I figured out some facts and myths on the test...

Myth: You have to parallel park between two cars.
Fact: You only have to do it behind one.
Myth: You have to parallel park perfectly.
Fact: You can indeed curb it the first time and then ask to do it again. You can even end up halfway in the road still the second time and pass!
Myth: You have to stop at every stop sign completely.
Fact: To pass, you can roll through only two.
Myth: When turning, you must turn into the closest lane.
Fact: You can turn into the far one on accident at the most, three times.
Myth: When doing a turn-about, you look behind your shoulder.
Fact: You can still pass if you forget.

So anyways, these examples are NOT personal...completely...well a little maybe....but I passed and that’s all that counts! OH! And another thing, make sure that you know you are suppose to stop at the little ticket thing when going back into the garage. Don't pass it until you car is UNDER the bar, another car is behind you to where you can't back up, and you have to get OUT of the car to push the button, because when you are getting back in the car you just might hit your head..HARD. Then you get a little confused and almost turn the wrong way into the garage. Then when your instructor tells you to park you might accidentally park in a pedestrian zone. Oops.. this isn't personal though....just hypothetical. Maybe you messed up by doing a few of these things. When your instructor is lecturing you about how bad you did and don't deserve your license ( yes Andy..L-I-C-E-N-S-E, look it up), just simply give him the puppy eyes and say, "Please don't fail me!" and it works! Hypothetically speaking...

11 comments:

Jordan said...

but at least i didnt turn the wrong way up a one way street!

Anonymous said...

says that she is praying for you and everyone else that use the roads. By the way, I can't help it that I wasn't blessed with the "Puppy Eyes"!

Anonymous said...

I once had a puppy who had no eyes.

Anonymous said...

good job - you didn't strike out. you were up to bat. full count. and the pitcher walked you. analogies? what? hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Just because the state issued a license does not mean you can drive- you are allowed to.

Anonymous said...

so what you all are saying is that no one is safe walking through porter's parking lot?

Jordan said...

haha good job wiley!! you made me feel a little bit better now..

Anonymous said...

Don't forget...submit to the government authorities and don't speed! You'll get busted, especially if you're way over the speed limit -- hypothetically speaking, of course.

Anonymous said...

haha you are so cute Jordan! On my test, I didn't even get points at all on the parallel parking part of it...I hit the curb, tried again and hit the curb, then I tried one last time and yes...I hit the curb for a third time! Then I missed the lot where she wanted me to do the turn about. Oh yea, and I was about to turn left onto a one way street going right. She almost jumped out of her skin! But congratulations to you!

Anonymous said...

not a myth... i DID have to parallel park between two cars. it wasnt cool...

but congrats on gettin the license!

Nick C. said...

When he tells you just to go in reverse down that first street. don't just look in the rear view and floor it. turn your head all the way around.