Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Tell me you Love me

I don't want to scare anyone, but I believe it's my obligation to inform you...I almost died last night. Please, please don't fret, I'm still alive(that's why I am writing this).

Scenario:
After school I went to my friend's house who lives down Waller. On the way back, I got caught in a crazy traffic jam. People were in such a hurry, they were bumper to bumper...even those that had to be on the railroad tracks to do so. I didn't think you were suppose to stop on railroad tracks but everyone else was doing it so I decided I should too (this is the reason I started smoking also). Anyways, I was on them for a few seconds when I heard a huge "choo, choo" in my left ear. I turned my head to find the train about a football field away. Then the railroad crossing bars came down...with me inside.

What would most people do?
a. honk at people to get them to move and drive around the bar
b. run out of the car and off the tracks
c. at least scream

What did I do?
Freeze. I really didn't react at all. I honestly said out loud in a Werhle, monotone voice "This sucks."

Well, the people behind me started to freak out and honk for the people in front of me to move. I eventually caught on with the train now about 100 feet away from me and started to honk also. Everyone in a panic moved up as far as they could, but there was nowhere for them to go. I got halfway around the bar, but the back was still on the track. Still, the thought of jumping out of the car didn't occur to me. I turned to look and the speeding train was right next to me with its horn blowing like crazy.

Finally, the guy in front of me pulled over frantically into someone's yard. I pulled up just in time as the train rolled by (the engineers face was priceless). The guy hopped out of his car along with a few more people to see if I was alright. I had no expression whatsoever and laughed it off. After a few minutes they left and I started to bawl (a little late reaction). The dude then came out of his house and saw a random person pulled over into his yard crying...sort of awkward. (What is worse about this whole experience is the first thing I thought after I pulled off, was, "Finally! I have a blog topic!")

It's true that your life really flashes before your eyes! So I wanted everyone to know that I love you! I have decided to do something with my now life...something that will make a difference. So I am beginning small...by feeding the hungry and solving world peace (I feel so strongly about world peace that you better not get in the way...I will have to go to drastic measures even if it means killing you.)
moral: don’t stop on train tracks...and don't ride in a car with me.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't you dare get out and run and leave that car on the tracks!

Anonymous said...

what are you going to do now that you have lived through a life vs. death situation?

Jordan said...

o yeah thanks for reminding me! im going to make WORLD PEACE!!! gosh i have to go back and add that in..good call that earns props!

Jordan said...

fixed it!

Anonymous said...

You have 5 wisdom teeth?

Freak.

TaylorW said...

first off: The name is W E H R L E, if you would like to know how to spell it.

secondly: I did laugh out loud while reading the post about my monotone voice, as well as how the first thing that came to your mind was a "blog topic" haha priceless.

thirdly: excellent post girl

Anonymous said...

Jordan, I am really glad you didn't die...we haven't had our secret party with the questionable theme yet!!!! haha After we get that taken care of you have my permission to do whatever you like, but until then you need to stay alive!! haha

Jordan said...

taylor...what makes you think im talking about you!? a kid in my class spells it that way..... haha

sarah...o yeah! i totally forgot about the party, now im excited. maybe we can plan it on gburg this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I literally laughed out loud over your blog! Very funny! But I'm glad you didn't die. I don't know who would do games on Wed. nights!

Jordan said...

oh thanks kenneth! im glad you would miss me for all the right reasons. and im glad you changed your title from "cutest youth pastor at PMBC" to "youth pastor"...it took me the longest time to figure out you were actually referring to yourself before! haha just joking..sort of.
you should just refer to yourself now as "father of Tyrone".

<3 jordan

Anonymous said...

jordan, you are slacking! You haven't written a post in a long time!! What, did you go off and get a life on me or something? haha just kidding

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to go on the record and say that i am glad you didn't die. let's be safe out there!

Anonymous said...

clean your room